[c-nsp] Cisco WLC 5500 question

Jacques Kosky jmkosky at vicnet.net.au
Sun Jan 12 23:27:25 EST 2014

Hi Folks
I am trying to setup a Cisco 5500 WLC for a large public library. They
want to offer a free wireless service where the user does not need to
supply any logon credentials but does need to accept terms and
conditions. I have tried setting up a WLAN with no layer 2 security and
Web Policy (passthrough) as the layer 3 security.  I have 'Over-ride
Global Config' selected with 'Web-Auth type - External (redirect to an
external server) selected and a URL supplied. The problem is that either
the webpage does not come up when a user connects or it does and then
gets locked into a loop. Anyone out there got any useful advice?