[c-nsp] R: ARP problems with UCS FI 6140XP

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Fri Jan 17 10:19:53 EST 2014

Hi

Don't' use the ucs stuff but this happens on regular switches as well, Microsoft clusters come to mind ...
The box is probably not generating any outbound traffic and the mac times out before your arp entry does.
You can shorten your arp timers or lengthen your mac timers
Or have a script generate outbound traffic every X

You can activate debugging to verify this ie debug ip arp  for arp

Brian