[c-nsp] I need to limit BW ASR9K

brad dreisbach bradd at ntt.net
Wed Jul 2 10:53:29 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 08:46:11AM -0600, Scott Miller wrote:
>When you do a "show bundle-ether 2" does the output say both members are in
>an "active" state?
>
>RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:IOS-XR-2#show int bundle-ether 2
>..
>..
>    No. of members in this bundle: 2
>      GigabitEthernet0/0/0/1       Full-duplex  1000Mb/s     Active
>
>      GigabitEthernet0/1/0/1       Full-duplex  1000Mb/s     Standby
>
>In LACP mode, one is active, the other is standby, so the total bandwidth
>available is only 1gig.
>
>Maybe convert it to an EtherChannel?

when doing qos on bunde interfaces, the policies are applied to the member
links. so if you want to rate limit a bundle you have to do some
basic math or use a percentage as jared suggested.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4-2/qos/configuration/guide/b_qos_cg421asr/b_qos_cg421asr_chapter_01000.html#ID105

When a QoS policy is applied on a bundle (ingress or egress directions), the policy is applied at each member interface. Any queues and policers in the policy map (ingress or egress directions) will be replicated on each bundle member.