[c-nsp] Sharing a shaping policy?

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 4 19:10:05 EDT 2014

> I'm a bit confused on the topology at your PE device;
>
> Do you only have one port facing the tail provider NNI and the two
> tail circuits have different VLANs on them such as the link to site 1
> has VLAN 10 and 20 and the link to site 2 has VLAN 30 an 40?
>
> Or do these tails come in to two differnt interfaces?
>
> Or (hopefully not) do they both come into the same interface and have
> the same VLANs?
>
> Depending on which of the above you have you can acheive this with an
> ME3600/3800 using EVCs.

Thanks James - Topology is: We have one port (Currently on a 3560) that is a trunk port connecting to provider, each customer tail is presented as a vlan from the tail provider (We currently have ~30 other customer tails coming in via this port)

For this customer, requirements have changed slightly (As of yesterday).

Site A will have vlan 10 - 50Mb service, placed in VRF (So all ok to shape on Client side ME3400, and also on our PE at L3)

Site B will have two vlans - 20 and 30 - 50Mb service, vlan 20 placed in VRF, vlan 30 trunked to a new colo switch they are now installing in the DataCentre.

So Site B is now the only issue - We can shape egress @ 50M with ME3400 @ customer site, but egress from the L3 VRF(Our PE) and from there "colo switch" needs to share 50M....Is this still possible with ME3600/EVCs?

Thanks again for your assistance.