[c-nsp] Sharing a shaping policy?

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 04:56:12 EDT 2014

On 5 Jul 2014 00:10, "CiscoNSP List" <cisconsp_list at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Site A will have vlan 10 - 50Mb service, placed in VRF (So all ok to
shape on Client side ME3400, and also on our PE at L3)

> Site B will have two vlans - 20 and 30 - 50Mb service, vlan 20 placed in
VRF, vlan 30 trunked to a new colo switch they are now installing in the
DataCentre.

The following config should do what you want; you would need to make
service instances on the L2 aggregation port for each VLAN coming in and
set up a bridge domain for each.  You can match the two VLANs going to site
B in one class map and shape that to 50Mbps.

conf t

vlan 10
name Cust1-SiteA
vlan 20
name Cust1-SiteB
vlan 30
name Cust1-SiteB-L2

int gi0/1
description *L2 Trunk from Tail Provider*
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan none
!
service instance 10 ethernet
  description Cust1-VLAN10-SiteA
  encapsulation dot1q 10
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 10
!
service instance 20 ethernet
  description Cust1-VLAN20-SiteB
  encapsulation dot1q 20
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 20
!
service instance 30 ethernet
  description Cust1-VLAN30-SiteB-L2
  encapsulation dot1q 30
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 30
!

class-map match-any CM-Cust1-SiteB-50Mbps
match service instance ethernet 20
match service instance ethernet 30

policy-map PM-CPE-OUT-PARENT
class CM-Cust1-SiteB-20M
  shape average 20000000

Interface Vlan10
Description *Link to Cust1 Site A*
ip vrf forwarding Cust1
ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.252

Interface Vlan 20
Description *Link to Cust1 Site B*
ip vrf forwarding Cust1
ip address 10.0.0.5 255.255.255.252

! VLAN 30 the L2 link is bridge to bridge domain 30. No need for a Layer 3
SVI. On the outgoing port to the Cust DC put that I to VLAN 30 also

Interface gi0/2
Description Link to DC
Switchport mode trunk
Switchport trunk allowed vlan 30

! If you have multiple VLANs going to the DC you can use service instances
on that port too, or if the link to the DC is another tail circuit on gi0/1
from the same provider you can modify service instance 30 to bridge both
VLANs together (VLAN 30 and the DC VLaN).

Cheers,
James.