[c-nsp] QoS - cisco ip phone and map tables

Jmail Clist jmlist80 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 11:37:29 EDT 2014

1) If using a  7940 phone, it sets the CoS bit only (?) to 5, correct?  It
doesn't actually set a dscp value too, correct?
2) The switch maps the cos to dscp values internally using the map table,
correct?
3) Can someone please explain and breakdown these two lines from my config?
mls qos map policed-dscp  0 10 18 24 46 to 8
mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 24 32 46 48 56

I believe the first line marks all the respective dscp values to 8 but why
would AutoQos do that.? Also, what defines "policed"? What command? At the
interface level?
Thank you,