[c-nsp] why there are no plans for A903-RSP2B-240 please?????

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Jul 22 17:03:46 EDT 2014

On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 04:38:59 PM Tim Durack wrote:

> Feature set is C6K/C76K 15.1SY. Full MPLS L3VPN. Also
> VPLS. Waiting to see if PBB-EVPN arrives.
>
> If deployed in pairs, redundant supervisor may not be an
> issue. I don't find ISSU and " stacking" to be very
> successful with most platforms. Ymmv.

We're deploying quite a bunch of the C6880's in core switch
roles. So very simple, pure Layer 2 switching, no fancy IP
or MPLS features enabled.

It's a good box, based on the SUP2T, so lots of software
features Day One.

It does generate a lot of heat, so cooling is a major
concern for this box.

Of all the ones we've deployed so far, no major dramas.
We've had a fan module fail, but the rest kept working well.
Replacement for this has been received.

Mark.