[c-nsp] why there are no plans for A903-RSP2B-240 please?????

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jul 23 03:58:21 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:03:46PM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
> We're deploying quite a bunch of the C6880's in core switch
> roles. So very simple, pure Layer 2 switching, no fancy IP
> or MPLS features enabled.
>
> It's a good box, based on the SUP2T, so lots of software
> features Day One.

Do you use netflow export on that one?  From what I've read so far
on this list, netflow export on Sup2T seems to be "not without issues",
in particular, high CPU load.

We have no Sup2T or 6880, so I have no personal experience, but I'm
very much interested to hear whether this has been solved.

(I'm not sure where our journey is headed to.  One of the killer features
I'm still looking for is "netflow with source mac addresses in it,
implemented by someone who understands packets" - not available at all
on IOS XR, completely unreasonable on Sup2T...)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de