[c-nsp] Cisco ISE upgrade issue

Jacques Kosky jmkosky at vicnet.net.au
Wed Jul 23 20:42:53 EDT 2014

Hi Folks
I have 2 Cisco ISE's currently running version 1.14 and I want to
upgrade to version 1.2. They are setup in a primary and secondary
deployment (Two-Node Administrative Deployment).  At the moment when I
attempt to upgrade the secondary it barfs up the following error.

"Unable to inform current Primary that a new deployment is being formed"

Any ideas why this is occurring? Both devices are on the same range and
there are no firewalls, ACLs or anything else that should restrict them
talking to each other.