[c-nsp] regarding "no plans for A903-RSP2B-240" thread

Hidde Beumer (hibeumer) hibeumer at cisco.com
Wed Jul 23 09:21:23 EDT 2014

All,

Thanks for having a constructive discussion about the Cisco plans for an RSP2B-240 for the ASR 903. It’s good to see the needs from people outlined in this thread and it certainly helps us to continue to develop the ASR 900 products (as we also have the ASR 902).

We’re more then happy to have a discussion with you directly about your requests and needs, while at the same time explaining our roadmap under NDA. I trust you understand that we cannot post our roadmap online or comment too much on future products, since we don’t want to keep  our competitors up to date on our plans.

As a general statement I’d like to say that there’s many exciting developments in the pipeline for this product family and will address most (if not all) of the items listed on the “no plans for A903-RSP2B-240" thread.

Kind regards,

Hidde Beumer
Product manager, Modular ASR 900 series.