[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 and 'show mfib' commands

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:49:10 EDT 2014

MFIB was added in 12.4.24T (or maybe 15.0M) and...I want to say SRD code.
You can think of it like multicast CEF. Just like the RIB builds FIB,
mroute builds mfib.  It's also the code where you see the pim tunnel
interfaces for encap (on the FHR) and decap (on the RP).

This might be helpful.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipmulti_mfib/configuration/xe-3s/Multicast_Forwarding_Information_Base_Overview.html