[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 and 'show mfib' commands

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:22:14 EDT 2014

This looks like a command that is new in 12.2(33)SRD or SRE. At my old job,
all of our 7600s were running 12.2(33)SRC2. My new job has quite a variety
of code running. The box I'm on right now is running SRE code and does have
these commands available. I'm just not sure what they're trying to tell me.
They're quite different from the mfib commands availalbe on XR, for
example. It seems to be providing additional information related to the
state of distributed multicast forwarding, but I have no idea about the
specifics. For example, what is a broker in this context?

router#show mfib linecard

IPv4 MFIB
 Slot     Linecard status    Broker status
 3/0      inactive           inactive
 2/0      inactive           inactive
 1/0      sync               enabled

IPv6 MFIB
 Slot     Linecard status    Broker status

IPv4:Default, 29 entries, 33 ioitems
Slot      Table state
1/0       Sync

router#show mfib linecard summary

IPv4 MFIB
 Slot     Linecard status    Broker status
 3/0      inactive           inactive
 2/0      inactive           inactive
 1/0      sync               enabled

router#show mfib ?
  background  MFIB background processing
  broker      MFIB information related to update brokers
  error       MFIB error state
  linecard    MFIB information related to linecards
  nsf         MFIB SSO NSF statistics
  state       MFIB state
  table       MFIB master table record
  timers      MFIB timers

  <cr>

router#show mfib state
MFIB Status:
 RP instance
IPv4 MFIB Status:
 Enable state:                       distributed enabled
 Running state:                      running distributed
IPv6 MFIB Status:
 Enable state:                       disabled
 Running state:                      not running
RRP HA state:
 Is standby RRP:                     no
 RF Peer Presence:                   no
 RF PeerComm reached:                no
 Redundancy mode:                    sso(3)
 IPv4 MFIB NSF sync:                 disabled/not running
 IPv6 MFIB NSF sync:                 disabled/not running

MFIB ISSU Status:
  MFIB IPv4 pull
    No slots are ISSU capable.

router#show mfib table
1 active IPv4 table
Table                     Entries  State         Flags
v4:Default                     29  Sync          DEF,LCS,CEN,CON,EOF,PRG