[c-nsp] ISIS IOS and IOS XR

M K gunner_200 at live.com
Tue Jun 3 05:03:20 EDT 2014

Hi all
I am having issue establishing ISIS between IOS and IOS XR
IOS
R1#sh run int lo0 | inc ipv6
 ipv6 address 2001::1/128
 ipv6 router isis 1
R1#sh run int fas1/0 | inc ipv6
 ipv6 address 2001:192:102::1/64
 ipv6 router isis 1

router isis 1
 net 49.0001.0000.0000.0001.00
 is-type level-2-only
 metric-style wide

IOS XR
RP/0/0/CPU0:XR1#sh run router isis
Tue Jun  3 12:00:23.223 UTC
router isis 1
 is-type level-2-only
 net 49.0001.0000.0000.0010.00
 interface Loopback0
  address-family ipv4 unicast

  address-family ipv6 unicast

 interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0
  address-family ipv4 unicast

  address-family ipv6 unicast

I tried without the metric-style wide on the IOS and the same , as well , I have configured on the IOS address-family ipv6 unicast under the router isis 1 process and the same , what am missing?

R1#sh ipv6 route isis
IPv6 Routing Table - default - 4 entries
Codes: C - Connected, L - Local, S - Static, U - Per-user Static route
       B - BGP, R - RIP, H - NHRP, I1 - ISIS L1
       I2 - ISIS L2, IA - ISIS interarea, IS - ISIS summary, D - EIGRP
       EX - EIGRP external, ND - ND Default, NDp - ND Prefix, DCE - Destination
       NDr - Redirect, O - OSPF Intra, OI - OSPF Inter, OE1 - OSPF ext 1
       OE2 - OSPF ext 2, ON1 - OSPF NSSA ext 1, ON2 - OSPF NSSA ext 2, l - LISP

Thanks