[c-nsp] C6K, VS-S720-10G-3CXL, 15.1(2)SY

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 14:22:36 EDT 2014

Internet in a VRF, transit and peering in separate VRFs, default from
transit:

RTR-1#sh run | i label mode
mpls label mode all-vrfs protocol all-afs per-vrf

RTR-1#sh mls cef maximum-routes
FIB TCAM maximum routes :
=======================
Current :-
-------
 IPv4                - 608k (default)
 MPLS                - 128k
 IPv6                - 128k
 IP multicast        - 16k

RTR-1#sh mls cef summary detail

Total routes:                                    149194
    IPv4 unicast routes:                         124088
        IPv4 non-vrf routes:                     249
        IPv4 non-vrf routes (internal):          0
        IPv4 vrf routes:                         123839
        IPv4 vrf routes (internal):              0
    IPv4 Multicast routes:                       4
    MPLS routes:                                 5112
    IPv6 unicast routes:                         19986
        IPv6 non-vrf routes:                     151
        IPv6 non-vrf routes (internal):          0
        IPv6 vrf routes:                         19580
        IPv6 vrf routes (internal):              255
    IPv6 multicast routes:                       3
    EoM routes:                                  1

Numbers are safe, but I'm thinking of bumping ip-multicast to the minimum
(don't need). Is it wise to have have MPLS carved out of TCAM separately,
or can I combine it as IPv4+MPLS? Not much useful documentation on the
subject.

--
Tim:>