[c-nsp] ME3800: Error on delete SVI with MPLS enabled

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Fri Jun 13 05:09:20 EDT 2014

Hi James,
I've never came across this type of malfunction.

In the latest releases VLAN interfaces are indeed usable as core MPLS links.
However there are limitations,

The most dangerous is you can't use IPFRR/LFA when VLAN interfaces are used otherwise you can hit a bug where if VLAN interface is the primary path and switch calculates and installs a backup path via any other physical interface or port-channel than switch stops forwarding all transit traffic.
(this bug has been there for quite some time).

The other one I came across is you can't use Draft Rosen MVPN when core interface is VLAN int.

I really do recommend 15.3(3)S3, guys really did a great job on that one.
It's the first release that fixes all our outstanding bugs and doesn't introduce any new so far (we are running it in limited deployment phase) so we'll see, hopefully it's the code we've been waiting for.

adam