[c-nsp] Cisco model recommendation

Lee Starnes lee.t.starnes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 14:02:24 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I am in the need of a recommendation for a Cisco switch that is Layer 2/3,
1U, AC powered and has the same rate limit capability as the ME3400 series
has and has 48 ports of 10/100/1000. Does anyone have any experience with a
model that would best fit this need? These would not be deployed in remote
sites as CPE devices like the ME switches. I just need the ability to do
rate limiting and policing of traffic in several office departments.

I was looking at the 3650 series, but not sure if this has the same ability
to rate limit as the ME switches have.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Best.

-Lee