[c-nsp] Cisco 4900M and Layer2 Broadcasts

Ivan cisco-nsp at itpro.co.nz
Sun Jun 29 00:38:35 EDT 2014

Thanks for the response.  The layer 3 traffic is unicast.  I have poked
around further and found the counters from the command "show platform
software drop-port" for "InpL2AclDrop" are increasing with my missing
packets.

4900M#show platform software drop-port | in Drop Event
Reason|InpL2AclDrop|Time
Time source is NTP, 16:35:59.675 NZST Sun Jun 29 2014
Drop Event Reason            Packets Dropped
  InpL2AclDrop                    1433452028
4900M#show platform software drop-port | in Drop Event
Reason|InpL2AclDrop|Time
Time source is NTP, 16:36:02.843 NZST Sun Jun 29 2014
Drop Event Reason            Packets Dropped
  InpL2AclDrop                    1433496091
4900M#show platform software drop-port | in Drop Event
Reason|InpL2AclDrop|Time
Time source is NTP, 16:36:07.020 NZST Sun Jun 29 2014
Drop Event Reason            Packets Dropped
  InpL2AclDrop                    1433539406

So far I haven't been able to find any additional details about this.  I
am guessing it is some kind of inbuilt L2 ACL.

Cheers

Ivan