[c-nsp] Cisco 4900M and Layer2 Broadcasts

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Sun Jun 29 19:46:01 EDT 2014

On 28/06/14 23:01, Ivan wrote:
> Sorry to respond to my own post but I have some further thoughts that
> may be useful.  The traffic ends up being broadcast at layer 2 (dest MAC
> address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff) but the IPv4 payload is generally unicast. So
> I am thinking perhaps the 4900M could be "getting upset" with these
> packets.  Not really expecting the 4900M to look higher than layer 2 of
> these packets though as vlan does not have SVI.

I'm running a few 4900Ms with the same version, with a mix of clients,
and I'm not seeing the same counters incrementing, at least.

What does 'show int counters detail|errors' give you for that port?
Anything incrementing?

At this point, it might be helpful to share some sanitised configuration.

Tom