[c-nsp] "Cisco'??????s Commitment to Customers"

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Jun 30 14:00:56 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 01:37:22PM -0400, Jon Lewis wrote:
> 1) gear is geographically spread out quite a bit...so we're apparently
> going to have to ship spares to each site before doing the reloads.

This is our plan to handle it...  for most boxes, it's "just different
datacenters in the same city", but the one 400km away without qualified
on-site staff, that one won't get any updates any time soon...

But it's still more painful to actually have to drive on-site to do
firmware update/reloads and bring along spare parts than to just get
up at 4 am, type "reload", stare on the serial console until it's back,
and go back to sleep.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de