[c-nsp] Cisco 4900M and Layer2 Broadcasts

Chris Marget chris at marget.com
Mon Jun 30 21:03:15 EDT 2014

Your case reminds me of something Tim Stevenson said about N7K and IPv4
multicast.

I don't remember the details exactly, but he left me with the impression
that the L2 filtering stuff for multicast frames, which usually doesn't do
*exactly* what you want (subscribe to 239.1.2.3 and you'll get L2 traffic
for 239.2.2.3 as well) was "fixed" on N7K: It filters/forwards at L2 using
L3 criteria.

Your problem is almost exactly the other way around. Sorry I don't have any
answers, thanks for filling me in on the application. It makes sense that
these crazy frames are generated by a "magic box" HA setup.

Good luck, and please follow up with the list if TAC gives you anything
helpful..

/chris