[c-nsp] Cisco ME3800X with EIGRP

Chris Russell chris at nifry.com
Sun Mar 9 20:45:37 EDT 2014

> A cisco switch/rtr without eigrp.. first time I've encountered it!

Hi Steve,

  Debated this with Cisco a while back - apparently more aimed at PE
edge, so less routing capabilities more MPLS.

  Last time I asked the scaled metro license was only for scale - below
from an SE 6 months or so back so might have changed:

ME3800-X P/PE
·         The Metro Aggregation Services license gives you the
following features, MPLS, EoMPLS, MPLS VPN, MPLS TE, FastReroute, VPLS
in addition to the features in the Metro IP Services license.

·         You may also wish to consider the Scaled Metro Aggregation
Services license, the following table shows you the difference in scale:

Supported feature

MAC table addresses
128 K (Metro)
256 K (Scaled)