[c-nsp] Cisco ME3800X with EIGRP

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 06:39:43 EDT 2014

Hi Steve,

> Is anyone familiar with the 3800X and why we are unable to configure EIGRP
> for IPv6 even though its clearly stated in the configuration guide as
> available?
>
> http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/r
> elease/15-3_1_S/configuration/guide/3800x3600xscg/swipv6.html#wp1117377
>
> We are a cisco only shop and prefer to use EIGRP to distribute our loopbacks
> and backbone links and we've came across this issue while trying to dual
> stack.
>
> I suspect this is an error in the document as the commands simply aren't
> there, if so - anyone got any inside info on if cisco plan to support eigrp
> for IPv6 on their own switch anytime soon!?

According to the feature navigator "IPv6 Routing - EIGRP Support" on the
ME3800 is supported only in 15.1(2)EY, but not in newer trains.

The documentation you are referring to is most likely wrong: there is no
actual configuration example of IPv6 + EIGRP (on the other hand there is
for IPv6 RIP and OSPF).

I suspect this is unsupported.

Regards,

Lukas