[c-nsp] HWIC-3G-HSPA-G stuck in reset?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Mar 11 11:18:25 EDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-10 at 11:53 +0100, Lukas Tribus wrote:
> > %CELLWAN-2-MODEM_DOWN: Modem in HWIC slot 0/0 is DOWN
>
> This means you are experiencing a modem firmware crash.
>
> Also read Cisco 3G and 4G Serviceability Enhancement User Guide [1].

Ah, thanks for the pointer. It's good read.

> > It's a C1941W running c1900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-3.T1.bin with a
> > SecurityK9 license.
>
> You definitely don't want to run this image, its a 3 year old build
> from the early 15.1 days.
>
> Upgrade to to the most recent rebuild of your train (15.1(4)M7) or
> think about upgrading to 15.2(4)M5.

Scheduled an upgrade to 15.2(4)M5 in a few hours. I'm not exactly sure
why it was running T-train software (if that still means what it did in
12.x releases) but it's clearly an error that it hasn't been upgraded!

> Also upgrade your HWIC-3G-HSPA-G firmware (which you need todo manually),
> download here [2] and see the upgrade instructions [3].

We'll do that. Turns out we don't have rights to download the firmware
but we have contacted our partner about that.

--
Peter