[c-nsp] Management VLAN and Bridge Domain on ME3600 Switch

Sikandar Ali sikandar at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 10:06:04 EDT 2014

Hi All

I have got the issue where I am unable to configure management access to the ME3600 Switch. The switch is currently on customer site and it has got only one uplink back to service provider network and one downstream link to customer switch. I have got following configuration on the Uplink to service provider:

interface GigabitEthernet0/13 port-type nni switchport trunk allowed vlan none switchport mode trunk mtu 1504 service instance 25 ethernet  encapsulation dot1q 100 second-dot1q 200,433,472  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric  bridge-domain 25 As you can service VLAN is 100 and it gets stripped off before sending C-VLANs to customer switch. The following configuration is on the port connecting to customer switch: interface GigabitEthernet0/19 port-type nni switchport trunk allowed vlan none switchport mode trunk mtu 1504 service instance 26 ethernet  encapsulation dot1q 200,433,472  bridge-domain 25 I have tested the customer VLANs and I can ping successfully from service provider to Customer Equipment. However, issue I am having is that due to only one uplink to service provider, I am unable to configure interface VLAN (SVI) within the bridge domain. I have tried configuring interface VLAN 25 (bridge domain 25) but that didn't work. Have you guys  got any other ideas ? Any help would be appreciated  Thanks in Advance Sikandar