[c-nsp] IOS XR on ASR9001: Some LDP on Interfaces stuck in xmit

Wed Mar 26 09:24:19 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Vitkovský Adam <adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk> wrote:

> First of all ME-15.3(1)S is ancient.

I know, but as you can see, others still have a few machines with that
version, as well.

> What does the debug says please? Is the other side xmitting discovery hellos or it's just the ASR-4.3.4 that does not see the incoming hellos?

debug mpls ldp interface TenGigE0/0/2/2
debug mpls ldp interface TenGigE0/0/2/3
show nothing

debug mpls ldp messages sent all
debug mpls ldp messages received all
show traffic over TenGigE0/0/2/1

ME-15.3(2)S1:
TenGigabitEthernet0/2 (ldp): xmit/recv
   LDP Id: ASR-4.3.4:0; IP addr: <interface IP>

ME-15.3(1)S
TenGigabitEthernet0/1 (ldp): xmit/recv
   LDP Id: ASR-4.3.4:0; IP addr: <interface IP>

ASR-4.3.0
    TenGigE0/0/2/3 : xmit

> I understand this is just a test setup so far but be careful with the "discovery targeted-hello accept".
> As it means anybody can create LDP session to the box.

We are filtering to prefixes which are allowed to talk to that box.

> Also a good practice is to manually specify the router-id for the ldp process.

It uses the router ID by default, but I added that stanza.

Thanks,
Richard