[c-nsp] port-channel standalone-disable

Harry Hambi - Atos harry.hambi at bbc.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 15:24:29 EDT 2014

Hi all,
We recently had a problem where a port was flapping, the port was a member of a port channel. The port was joining and leaving the port channel continuously, it caused  major network problems. After speaking to TAC they said the port leaving the port channel was causing a network loop, as it still maintained the config of the port channel. I started looking at some of our management software but could not see any peaks in traffic.

Anyway the recommendations are to use the command,  port-channel standalone-disable. Has anyone had any experience with this command?, what are the benefits?, and how does it work?.

Rgds
Harry

http://www.bbc.co.uk