[c-nsp] port-channel standalone-disable

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Mar 31 16:08:15 EDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 19:24 +0000, Harry Hambi - Atos wrote:
> Anyway the recommendations are to use the command,  port-channel
> standalone-disable. Has anyone had any experience with this command?,
> what are the benefits?, and how does it work?.

We don't use the feature but AFAIK it should only introduce a loop if
you're not using STP to block redundant links. If you run STP the
independent link should just stay in BLK/Altn and not forward traffic.

An actual loop would probably be visible on you traffic graphs and would
trigger any storm controls defined. And if your platform is Sup720 it
would probably just die. :-)

What's your setup like? What's on either end of the port-channel?

--
Peter