[c-nsp] Replacing 3750X stack

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 20:20:09 EDT 2014

Hi,

We have a 3750X stack (2 switches) doing pure L2 at a small POP (Acting as a "core" switch) - The small buffers are causing a lot of performance issues, so we are looking to upgrade them.

We run pairs of 4500X's (In VSS) at some other POPs, and are quite happy with them, but Cisco dont appear to see this platform as having any longevity?

Hoping for some recommendations on replacement switch(es) for the 3750 - The 6800's look very nice, but Ive got no idea on price?

We are a small Service Provider, and primarily provide private networks(VRF's) to customers - All L3 is currently done on 7200's and ASR1K's

Cheers.