[c-nsp] bvi stays up even when no pw's are up in bridge-domain - XR 4.1.2

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon May 5 10:38:29 EDT 2014

No.  no ac's are active (up).  There are 2 configured ac pw's in bridge
domain, but they are both down, and bvi remains up.... why ?

Copied from previous posting...

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:9k#sh run l2v br gr v45
l2vpn
bridge group v45
  bridge-domain v45
   neighbor 10.101.12.250 pw-id 45
    backup neighbor 10.101.12.251 pw-id 45
   routed interface BVI45

**** it shows one AC up, but that's the BVI AC.  Shouldn't the BVI go down
when those 2 pw's are down. ?

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:9k#sh l2v br gr v45
Bridge group: v45, bridge-domain: v45, id: 4, state: up, ShgId: 0,
MSTi: 0
  Aging: 300 s, MAC limit: 4000, Action: none, Notification: syslog
  Filter MAC addresses: 0
  ACs: 1 (1 up), VFIs: 0, PWs: 2 (0 up), PBBs: 0 (0 up)
  List of ACs:
    BV45, state: up, BVI MAC addresses: 2
  List of Access PWs:
      Neighbor 10.101.12.250 pw-id 45, state: down, Static MAC addresses: 0
      Neighbor 10.101.12.251 pw-id 45, state: down, Static MAC addresses: 0,
backup
  List of VFIs:

**** BVI is still UP!

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:9k#sh ip vrf one int br bvi 45
Fri May  2 16:17:16.744 CDT

Interface                      IP-Address      Status
Protocol
BVI45                          1.2.3.3    Up                    Up