[c-nsp] Cisco ME3x00 Egress Policie - Denied by Cisco/IOS!

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Tue May 13 08:23:10 EDT 2014

On 13 May 2014 09:28, Mattias Gyllenvarg <mattias at gyllenvarg.se> wrote:
> It no just that 11 x 10 > 100 ?

Thats true, my point is that Cisco aren't allowing oversubscribtion :)

The plot thickens, I have put the following onto a lab ME3800 and it
worked fine. 11x 10Mbps shapers.

class-map match-any CUST1-SHAPER
match service instance ethernet  10
class-map match-any CUST3-SHAPER
match service instance ethernet  30
class-map match-any CUST2-SHAPER
match service instance ethernet  20
class-map match-any CUST5-SHAPER
match service instance ethernet  50
class-map match-any CUST4-SHAPER
match service instance ethernet  40
class-map match-any CUST7-SHAPER
match service instance ethernet  70
class-map match-any CUST6-SHAPER
match service instance ethernet  60
class-map match-any CUST9-SHAPER
match service instance ethernet  90
class-map match-any CUST8-SHAPER
match service instance ethernet  80
class-map match-any CUST10-SHAPER
match service instance ethernet  100
class-map match-any CUST11-SHAPER
match service instance ethernet  110

policy-map QOS-OUT-PORT-GI015-PARENT
class CUST1-SHAPER
  shape average 10000000
   service-policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT
class CUST2-SHAPER
  shape average 10000000
   service-policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT
class CUST3-SHAPER
  shape average 10000000
   service-policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT
class CUST4-SHAPER
  shape average 10000000
   service-policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT
class CUST5-SHAPER
  shape average 10000000
   service-policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT
class CUST6-SHAPER
  shape average 10000000
   service-policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT
class CUST7-SHAPER
  shape average 10000000
   service-policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT
class CUST8-SHAPER
  shape average 10000000
   service-policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT
class CUST9-SHAPER
  shape average 10000000
   service-policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT
class CUST10-SHAPER
  shape average 10000000
   service-policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT
class CUST11-SHAPER
  shape average 10000000
   service-policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT

interface GigabitEthernet0/15
description 100Mbps link to layer 2 access switch 2960
speed 100 ! Just for LAB purposes, field unit auto-negs to 100/Full
duplex full ! Just for LAB purposes, field unit auto-negs to 100/Full
service-policy input PE-QOS-CPE-IN
service-policy output QOS-OUT-PORT-GI015-PARENT

On the unit in the field (with the same IOS version, 15.3(3)s) when
either trying to
apply the child policy PE-QOS-CPE-OUT (which just uses percentages)
under the PARENT policy (which is suppose to provide the shape) or by
first creating the 11 shapers and childs and then trying to apply the
service policy
to the interface, it gives the same error through both methods;

ME3800#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
ME3800(config)#policy-map PE-QOS-OUT-PORT-GI021-PARENT
ME3800(config-pmap)#class Customer11-PS
ME3800(config-pmap-c)#service-policy PE-QOS-CUSTOMER-OUT
QoS:Bandwidth oversubscribed in the interface
QoS: Policy attachment failed for policymap PE-QOS-CUSTOMER-OUT
% service-policy PE-QOS-CUSTOMER-OUT of type default is not allowed in
policy-map PE-QOS-OUT-PORT-GI021-PARENT of type default

Cheers,
James.