[c-nsp] more net flow, which interfaces to monitor and in which direction?

daveb spike at zitomedia.net
Wed May 21 16:14:20 EDT 2014

Scott,

For nfsen, set your router to export IN and OUT.

The 'live' profile will be all your aggregate traffic on one graph.

For more granularity build other profiles as needed.  So you might
have a profile for traffic IN and OUT for transit provider A.  Build
a profile with a Channel using (Sources:) of router X and/or router
Y, and (Filter:) using appropriate SNMP ifIndex (in IF 560 and out IF
866), for inbound for example.  Then add another Channel to the same
profile with IF's reversed for outbound traffic to be graphed as a
separate colored area/line on the same graph.

That's assuming a fairly simple/small number of interfaces and
directions. Not fun if you have a lot of changes but it works pretty
well in a stable network.

Dave B.