[c-nsp] Cisco CMTS and ISC DHCP Strange Issue

Jean-Francois.Dube at videotron.com Jean-Francois.Dube at videotron.com
Mon May 26 20:08:49 EDT 2014

Hi Rupesh,

I suggest you first make sure DHCP works properly for the affected CPE.

debug cable mac H.H.H
debug cable dhcp

These should allow you to see DHCP D.O.R.A. for a CPE with MAC H.H.H

The CMTS needs to use leasequery (RFC 4388) if you experienced an outage of
some sort to rebuild its internal database.

If leasequery option 13 is not working properly with ISC servers then you
may have this problem.

You could try removing "cable source verify" as a test.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

JF

Jean-François Dubé