[c-nsp] purpose of asr management port?

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Thu May 29 15:04:48 EDT 2014

Hi,

The more I look at it, the value of the onboard management port seems to
be zero. While I love the idea of out of band and so forth, there are
things like aaa / netflow / snmp / ssh and so forth that I want to be
able to do but apparently can't be done with the build-in port, and so
I'm going to burn an official gig port to do those jobs instead.

Can anyone give me a concrete use case for the built in management gig
port or should I just treat it like an unwanted appendage and move on?

Mike-