[c-nsp] Sup2T CoPP per-flow policing?

Robert Williams Robert at CustodianDC.com
Sun Nov 9 13:31:37 EST 2014

Hi all,

Is anyone here successfully using per-flow based policing on the S2T control-plane?

It lists it as an 'option' here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/15-1SY/config_guide/sup2T/15_1_sy_swcg_2T/control_plane_policing_copp.html#pgfId-1141842

However, when I try to apply a single class with a flow based rate limiter of any kind (src-only / dest-only / full-flow) I always get:

%FM_EARL8-4-ADMISSION_CONTROL_CONFLICT: FIE-ADMISSION netflow flowmask conflict found while configuring IP_QOS_EGRESS feature for interface Control Plane Interface

Which I'm unable to interpret, so it doesn't help much and it mentions "egress" - obviously the CoPP policy is applied on "ingress" so not sure why it says that.

Any pointers?

Robert Williams
Custodian Data Centre
Email: Robert at CustodianDC.com