[c-nsp] ASR1000 BGP advertise best-external FAIL

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Mon Nov 10 09:06:50 EST 2014

Hi Oliver,

That's a good point I haven't considered that and now it makes sense.

> If it should also send the best-external (which would be, by definition, not
> the overall best path) to the clients, you need to use add-path as you need
> to advertise more than one path. Have you enabled both? can you share the
> config?
> IIRC this is the same on XR, you also need to enable add-path on the RR..
>
> 	oli

However in my setup I have a CE connected to two PEs and I use per PE per VRF RDs so prefix received over MP-iBGP and prefix received over eBGP should be considered as two unique prefixes rather than candidates for best path selection.
Ooooh and that answers my question geez I'm stupid :) what a bummer!
Sorry folks for wasting your time.

Thank you very much Oliver.

adam