[c-nsp] N7K, SUP1, M1/M2/F2E, 6.2(10)

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:53:01 EST 2014

We have been battling an IPv6 HW FIB programming bug introduced sometime in
6.2, supposedly fixed in 6.2(10), but not so. TAC and Dev make the right
noises, but no fix so far.

Anyone else running N7K, SUP1, M1/M2/F2E, 6.2(10), VRF, MP-BGP with
route-leaking, and IPv6?

The bug results in missing /128 FIB entries resulting in software
forwarding, and/or incorrect drop entries resulting in no forwarding.
Neither is ideal...

(This is just one example of the many N7K/NX-OS bugs we have suffered over
the years. From my perspective, Cisco is more focused on shoveling
"features" rather than delivering bits. Too bad. Management says: Time to
look for another platform, not Nexus based, and preferably not Cisco.)

--
Tim:>