[c-nsp] MVPN vs. plain-old-multicast

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Tue Nov 25 09:51:48 EST 2014

Hi Jason,

I'm actually working on a rollout of one setup where I'm trying to combine Rosen mLDP with oldschool Rosen mGRE.
Though my setup is easy as the m-cast is going to be introduced only via one POP -so I don't need to do the RPF selection on nodes capable of Rosen mLDP.
In theory it's fairly easy but in practice one could hit several bumps on a way to a working setup.

E.g. right now I'm facing a problem that the streams work for around 45sec and then the head-end ASR stops transmitting to the Lmdtiptv and mdtiptv trees.

adam