[c-nsp] ASR vs 6807

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Nov 27 09:27:03 EST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 01:30:00PM +0000, Vitkovský Adam wrote:
> What should we recommend to our customers Maserati or Ferrari - they both have a Ferrari engine inside though the price difference is huge.

Well, as the underlying architecture of ASR9k and 6807/6500 is way
different (NPU vs. EARL), it is actually *not* the same engine inside.

Just some of the chassis paint comes from the same can :-)

> Both ASR9k and C6800 were meant as L3 switch the selection of
> one over the other should be based on the educated customer
> expectations met with the project budget.

I think you're confusing N7K with ASR9K here :-) - ASR9K is "router",
not "l3 switch" (and N7K indeed shares the same engine with the 6500 family).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de