[c-nsp] ASR vs 6807

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Thu Nov 27 10:26:58 EST 2014

Hi Gert,

I agree not a best comparison :-)
I meant it more like though these boxes have lot of features in common there are applications where 6807 can't be used instead of ASR9k.
So in this light they may seem similar and interchangeable though there's a reason (several actually) for a higher price of ASR9k.

> > Both ASR9k and C6800 were meant as L3 switch the selection of one over
> > the other should be based on the educated customer expectations met
> > with the project budget.
>
> I think you're confusing N7K with ASR9K here :-) - ASR9K is "router", not "l3
> switch" (and N7K indeed shares the same engine with the 6500 family).
Here I meant the Cisco's original aim before the decision was made that the platform is going to end up as a router.

Nah guess it's not a good day for me to post to public mailing lists today.
Gonna stop confusing people and crawl under my rock :)

adam