[c-nsp] CFC linecards on 7600 - traffic punted to RP

Jiri Prochazka jiri.prochazka at superhosting.cz
Tue Oct 21 16:11:37 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to debug strange behaviour on one of our 7600 boxes. All
packets coming to ports on cards with CFC modules are being punted to RP.

Inventory is following ->

slot 1 WS-X6704 with DFC3CXL
slot 2 WS-X6704 with DFC3CXL
slot 3 WS-X6704 with CFC
slot 4 WS-X6704 with CFC
slot 6 RSP720-3CXL

IOS 15.2(4)S6

The box is new, configuration has ben taken from the old box with
sup720. The config itself is absolutely basic, just a few VLANs, some
etherchannels and trunks.

Linecards in slot1&2 are working as expected (no usual traffic is punted
to RP). They are moving around 20 Gbps of traffic in peaks.

As soon as I move some link from the first two slots to the slot with
CFC card, it punts ALL incoming traffic on that particular port to CPU.

Does anyone have advice where to start looking?

CEF seems to be fine..

edge-7606s-4#sho cef state
CEF Status:
  RP instance
  common CEF enabled
IPv4 CEF Status:
  CEF enabled/running
  dCEF enabled/running
  CEF switching enabled/running
  universal per-destination load sharing algorithm, id 5E18A3C4
IPv6 CEF Status:
  CEF enabled/running
  dCEF enabled/running

Thank you!