[c-nsp] Determining number of BGP advertised routes in IOS XR

brad dreisbach bradd at ntt.net
Wed Oct 22 19:14:45 EDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 05:53:18AM +0700, Ahmad Fadli Robbi wrote:
>Hi John,
>
>You could try this to show advertise routes in IOS XR
>

>sh bgp neighbor (neighbor peer) advertised-routes

be careful with that one.

CSCui98242
bgp crash on CLI "show bgp neighbor <> advertised-routes".

Symptom:
BGP process restarts when the command "show bgp neighbor <> advertised-routes" is issued for an EBGP peer.

Conditions:
- "show bgp neighbor <> advertised-routes" command is issued for an EBGP peer.
- The last 'n' paths of the table have CONFED segments in the ASPATH
- The last 'n' paths of the table were advertised to the EBGP peer before, but is no longer allowed to be advertised, but the withdraws have not yet been sent.
- 'n' is large enough (typically around 1000)

Workaround:
Temporary workaround is not to use "show bgp neighbor <> advertised-routes" command for EBGP peer, especially right after changing the outbound policy for that peer.