[c-nsp] ME3600 FCS packet generation issue

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Oct 24 06:25:17 EDT 2014

On (2014-10-24 10:12 +0200), Jordi Magrané Roig wrote:

Hi Jordi,

> ME3600. I have a ME3600 connected to a C7609 via the G0/24 port and
> connected to another ME3600 connected via G0/22 port. In the middle of
> the connection between the two ME3600 there is a SDH network (Ethernet
> over SDH). I have a recurring issue in the ME3600, for some reason when
> the device receive a packet and forwards the packet, the device sends
> the packet with FCS errors, so the other end detects the "input error"

Strange so, do I understand correctly

7609 -> SDH -> ME3600 -> X

X experienced FCS error? So ME3600 has already received packet happily from
SDH and sent forward?

We've seen firmware fault in Lucent GBE card in revision S1:7, rev 3 and rev 6
work fine. This fault causes FCS occasionally to be incorrect, but you should
then observe the FCS error in ME3600 itself.

It would seem to me much more likely that fault would be in SDH, since usually
EoSDH does not transport FCS but optimizes it away. But again, if I understood
your topology correctly, error should be visible in ME3600 counters in
interface facing SDH, not in X.

--
  ++ytti