[c-nsp] ME3600 FCS packet generation issue

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 06:59:52 EDT 2014

> We've seen firmware fault in Lucent GBE card in revision S1:7, rev 3 and rev 6
> work fine. This fault causes FCS occasionally to be incorrect, but you should
> then observe the FCS error in ME3600 itself.
>
> It would seem to me much more likely that fault would be in SDH, since usually
> EoSDH does not transport FCS but optimizes it away. But again, if I understood
> your topology correctly, error should be visible in ME3600 counters in
> interface facing SDH, not in X.

I agree.

Also, instead of reloading the ME3600, try just bumping the interface on the
ME3600 (shut/no shut). This will generate the same signalling in the SDH network,
as a reload.

If the origin of the problem is the SDH network, bumping the interface
shut have (in theory) the same effect as reloading.

Lukas