[c-nsp] FW: ME3600 FCS packet generation issue

Jordi Magrané Roig jordimagrane at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 07:27:53 EDT 2014

Hello Ytti,

The connection is:

7609 ---- GigEth (Fibre) ---- ME3600-01 (with the issue) ------- EoSDH Network ------- ME3600-02

The issue is when the ME3600-01 forwards a packet in the 7609 port I see "input errors". In the ME3600-01 I also have customer devices, I manage some of these customer devices. In these customer devices I also see "input errors". The show controllers ethernet-controller command in the ME3600-01 reveals FCS errors. Reloading the ME3600-01 fix temporarily the issue.
In the ME3600-02 I don't see errors because there is the EoSDH Network in the middle. The EoSDH is Alcatel Lucent. The issue appeared when we connected the two ME3600 via the EoSDH Network.  The packets from a customer device connected to ME3600-01 and forwarded to 7609 also had errors.

I'm not sure if the issue is the EoSDH network, I will check the Lucent card revision. I think that due to some event the device goes "crazy" and send packets with errors.

If you need more clarifications feel free.

Best regards,
Jordi.