[c-nsp] unicast IPv4 packets punted on Cisco 4500

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Oct 27 09:25:44 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:50:59AM +0200, Martin T wrote:
> >> Port Gi6/36 is in VLAN 555, hardware loop is connected to port Gi6/35
> >> and traffic generator is connected to port Gi6/36.
> >
> > ... or just put the looped ports in different VLANs, having a separate
> > MAC table each.
>
> If the port which is hardware-looped and port which has the
> traffic-generator connected to are in different VLAN's, then how can
> the traffic flow between those two ports? Or did I misunderstand you..

"By plugging them together"?  Or are you talking about a "hardware loop"
in form of a RJ45 plug that connects pins 1,2 with 3,6?  *shiver*

I think I'm not fully understanding your setup yet...  but anything
that modifies behaviour of the switch to enable the actual test hints
at "maybe the test setup is not ideal"

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de