[c-nsp] cisco memory bug / propabilities?

Chris Welti chris.welti at switch.ch
Fri Oct 31 06:58:06 EDT 2014

Hi Gert,

The only 6500 devices we ever had problems with after a reboot are the ME-C6524GT-8S.
We've had plenty that were failing. Although that's probably not due to the memory bug.
The two copper port groups are affected (1-12, 12-24).
Either one of them or both can fail after a reboot and remain dead.
Funny enough online diagnostics only reports a "minor error" :)

Mod  Online Diag Status
   1  Minor Error

With Sup32, Sup720 or Sup2T we haven't had any issues so far, at least none that I
can remember :)

Cheers,
Chris