[c-nsp] 7301 - copper vs fibre port throughput

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Sep 1 10:18:00 EDT 2014

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014, Tom Storey wrote:

> If it can push 500-600 with a gigabit port, why cant it push 100mbit on
> a 100mbit port?  Thats my question. :-)

Without doing fault finding when there was actually a problem, we'll never
know. What is at least needed is to look at the interface counters at each
end, make sure there is no policing of traffic anywhere, etc.

There is no obvious culprit from what you have described so far, the
solution you described should have worked, at least up to 70-90 megabit/s
of actual TCP througput.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se