[c-nsp] OOB Device for remote DC's

tim tim at haitabu.net
Tue Sep 2 07:55:26 EDT 2014

On 02.09.2014 1:31 PM, Rich Lewis wrote:
>> However, our actual site OOB is actually ADSLn + IPsec VPN these days, so we
>> didn't put much time into it.
>>
>> Alternatively the Cisco 1811 had a built-in modem. Not sure which 19xx series, if
>> any, have.
>
> What about just sticking a WIC-1AM-V2 into a 1921?

We use the combination 2901 w/ HWIC-16A and WIC-1AM-V2.
(But they have a price...)

I also connected them with the GigE Port to the core router (TP only on
the 2901 :() as shadow router for monitoring (smokeping etc.).  Of
course, this would be better on a GNU/Linux or UNIX box with more tools
available.

Cheers,
	Tim