[c-nsp] ASR1001 and ME3600X licensing

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 02:24:36 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

We have purchased a number of the above devices and also purchased Adv IP(For all the ASR's) and Adv Metro IP for all the ME3600's - We were told a "paper license" was sent for the adv ip(For all ASR's and ME3600's), which we have been unable to locate...a week later of constant e-mails to disty/Cisco AM the disty is now stating that the "licenses" are already installed on all the devices - I dont have physical access to the devices until tomorow, but do you need register the PAK for each device, and then install the license key....or would they have come "pre-installed"?  Once I have access to each device, would sh ver or sh licenses tell me if adv IP was "active"?

I cant believe how difficult this has been....and how lacking in knowledge of the licensing both our Disty and Cisco AM have been.

Cheers.