[c-nsp] ASR1001 and ME3600X licensing

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Sep 10 03:07:02 EDT 2014

On Wednesday, September 10, 2014 08:24:36 AM CiscoNSP List
wrote:

> We have purchased a number of the above devices and also
> purchased Adv IP(For all the ASR's) and Adv Metro IP for
> all the ME3600's - We were told a "paper license" was
> sent for the adv ip(For all ASR's and ME3600's), which
> we have been unable to locate...a week later of constant
> e-mails to disty/Cisco AM the disty is now stating that
> the "licenses" are already installed on all the devices
> - I dont have physical access to the devices until
> tomorow, but do you need register the PAK for each
> device, and then install the license key....or would
> they have come "pre-installed"?  Once I have access to
> each device, would sh ver or sh licenses tell me if adv
> IP was "active"?

The devices do come with licenses pre-installed. I know ours
did.

But it's always good to check and be sure.

You'd do well not to throw away the packaging that ships
with the kit, as they do include the license information in
there. But if that happens, it's not the end of the world -
you still can work with your AM to sort things out.

Mark.